All-on-4 Dental Implants
Are you tired of dealing with loose dentures or missing teeth? Look no further than Amazing Smiles for a life-changing solution – All-on-4 dental implants.
Our skilled and experienced implant dentist team at Amazing Smiles specializes in this premium technique, offering you a permanent and natural-looking smile that will restore your confidence and transform your life.
With All-on-4 implants, you can enjoy the freedom of securely attached teeth that feel and function just like your natural ones. Say goodbye to denture adhesives, food restrictions, and self-consciousness.
All-on-4 dental implants refer to a technique for restoring a full arch of teeth using just four dental implants to support a fixed denture. The technique was developed to provide a more cost-effective and less invasive solution for patients who have lost most or all of their teeth.
In the traditional approach to dental implant placement, each missing tooth is replaced with an individual implant.
However, in the All-on-4 technique, four dental implants are strategically placed in the jawbone to support a full arch of replacement teeth. This approach utilizes the existing bone to maximize support for the prosthetic, reducing the need for additional bone grafting procedures.
All-on-4 dental implants can offer several benefits, including improved stability and function of the prosthetic teeth and increased patient comfort and confidence.
Additionally, the All-on-4 technique typically requires less recovery and fewer appointments than traditional implant procedures.
It’s important to note that not all patients are good candidates for All-on-4 dental implants. A thorough evaluation by a dental professional is necessary to determine whether this approach is the best option for an individual’s unique needs and circumstances.
Full Arch Dental Implant process averages around six months*
What to expect when getting all-on-4 dental implants
At Amazing Smiles, our compassionate dental professionals ensure that your All-on-4 experience is comfortable and tailored to your needs. Don’t let missing teeth hold you back any longer. Take the first step towards a brand new smile by scheduling a FREE first consultation at Amazing Smiles today. The procedure for getting All-on-4 dental implants typically involves several steps, including:
Placement of all implants
Overall, the All-on-4 dental implant procedure can be a life-changing solution for individuals missing multiple teeth or struggling with ill-fitting dentures. If you’re interested in this procedure, consult a qualified dental professional to determine if it’s right.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Improved aesthetics: All-on-4 dental implants can restore a patient’s smile and facial appearance, giving them a natural-looking and aesthetically pleasing set of teeth.
- Increased stability: All-on-4 dental implants are firmly anchored in the jawbone, providing greater strength and reducing the likelihood of the denture slipping or shifting in the mouth.
- Improved speech: Unlike traditional dentures, All-on-4 dental implants allow patients to speak more clearly and confidently without worrying about their denture slipping or causing discomfort.
- Better oral health: All-on-4 dental implants are easier to clean and maintain than traditional dentures, reducing the risk of oral infections and other dental problems.
- Convenience: All-on-4 dental implants can often be completed in a single day, making them a convenient option for patients who want to restore their teeth quickly and easily.
- Long-term solution: All-on-4 dental implants are a durable, long-lasting solution for missing teeth, with many patients reporting that their implants have lasted for decades with proper care.
Overall, All-on-4 dental implants offer several benefits for patients looking for a permanent, natural-looking solution to missing teeth. However, it’s essential to consult with a qualified dental professional to determine if this procedure is correct for you.
More info implant dentures
- How They Work: Implant-retained dentures are secured by dental implants, which are tiny titanium posts surgically placed in the jawbone. The denture then snaps onto the implants, creating a stable and secure fit.
- Benefits: Implant-retained dentures offer several advantages over traditional dentures. They are more stable and secure, making eating and speaking easier. They also help preserve the jawbone, preventing the sunken-in appearance that can occur with traditional dentures.
- Types of Implant-Retained Dentures: There are two main types of implant-retained dentures: bar-retained and ball-retained. Bar-retained dentures use a thin metal bar attached to the implants and then clipped onto the denture. Ball-retained dentures use a ball-and-socket mechanism to secure the denture to the implants.
- Procedure: Getting implant-retained dentures typically involves numerous appointments over several months. It begins with a consultation and a dental exam to determine if the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. If so, the implants will be surgically placed in the jawbone, and the patient will be given a temporary denture to wear while the implants heal. Once the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, the final denture will be created and attached to the implants.
- Cost: The cost of implant-retained dentures can vary depending on several factors, including the number of implants required and the type of denture chosen. However, they can be more expensive than traditional dentures.
Overall, implant-retained dentures can be a good option for people who want a more stable and secure denture. They offer several benefits over traditional dentures and can be a long-term solution for missing teeth.
Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Preparatory Procedures: In some cases, preparations may be necessary before the All-on-4 dental implant procedure can be performed.
- The complexity of individual needs for the patient: These may include extractions, bone grafts, or other treatments, which can increase the overall cost.
- Type of implants: Endosteal Implants, Subperiosteal Implants
- Number of Implants: The number of implants required for the All-on-4 procedure can also impact the cost. While the All-on-4 technique typically involves the placement of four implants, some patients may require additional implants for a more stable and secure foundation.
Overall, All-on-4 dental implants can range in total costs depending on the abovementioned factors.
However, it’s essential to remember that All-on-4 dental implants can be a long-term solution for missing teeth, offering many benefits over traditional dentures or other treatments.
Designing full-arch dental implants differ between patients. Due to the unforeseen variables or design types listed above, Amazing Smiles Dental Clinics provide a FREE first consultation for a quote on Dental Implant services.
This will allow our cosmetic dentists to thoroughly examine the current health of your teeth and recommend a tailored plan suitable for you.
The lifespan of All-on-4 dental implants can vary depending on several factors, such as the patient’s oral health, the quality of the implants, and how well the patient cares for them.
However, All-on-4 dental implants can last many years and even decades with proper care.
Studies have shown that the success rate of All-on-4 dental implants after five years is around 98%, and after ten years, it’s approximately 94%. This indicates that most patients undergoing All-on-4 dental implant surgery can expect their implants to last at least a decade or more.
It’s important to note that proper oral hygiene and regular dental checkups are crucial to the longevity of All-on-4 dental implants.
Patients should brush and floss regularly and use any specialized tools or products recommended by their dentist to keep their implants clean and healthy.
Additionally, patients should schedule regular checkups with their dentist to monitor the health of their implants and address any issues that may arise.
All-on-4 dental implants are designed to be a long-term solution for missing teeth, offering a stable and secure foundation for replacement teeth that can last many years with proper care.
If your implant-retained denture breaks, the first step is to contact your dentist or prosthodontist as soon as possible.
Depending on the severity of the damage, they may be able to repair the denture or may need to create a new one.
In some cases, if the damage is minor, your dentist may be able to repair the denture on the spot. However, if the damage is more extensive, they may need to send the denture to a dental lab for repair.
The time it takes to repair the denture will depend on the damage’s extent and the lab’s availability.
If the damage is too extensive to repair, your dentist may need to create a new implant-retained denture. This process will involve taking new impressions of your mouth and creating a new denture custom-fitted to your mouth.
While waiting for repairs or a new denture, you may need to wear a temporary denture or go without a denture for some time.
This can be uncomfortable and may impact your ability to eat or speak normally, so working with your dentist to find the best solution for your needs is essential.
To avoid damaging your implant-retained denture in the first place, it’s important to follow good oral hygiene practices and avoid biting down on hard or sticky foods.
Additionally, if you participate in contact sports, wear a protective mouthguard to help prevent damage to your denture.
After getting All-on-4 dentures, following a special diet for some time is essential to allow your mouth to heal properly.
Your dentist will provide specific dietary instructions based on your needs, but you should generally plan to eat a soft or liquid diet for the first few weeks after surgery.
During this time, you should avoid hard, crunchy, or chewy foods and foods that are difficult to swallow.
Instead, focus on soft foods that are easy to chew and swallow, such as cooked vegetables, soups, smoothies, and mashed potatoes.
As your mouth heals and you become more accustomed to your new dentures, you can gradually introduce more solid foods into your diet.
However, you may still need to avoid very hard or sticky foods, which can damage or dislodge your dentures.
It’s also important to continue practising good oral hygiene after getting All-on-4 dentures, including brushing and flossing regularly and visiting your dentist for regular checkups.
A healthy diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals can also help to promote good oral health and support the longevity of your dentures.
In summary, while your diet may need to be adjusted temporarily after getting All-on-4 dentures, you should be able to resume eating a wide variety of foods once your mouth has fully healed.
Your implant dentist can provide specific dietary guidelines and recommendations based on your needs and preferences.
Nicotine and other chemicals found in tobacco and vape products can reduce blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissues in the mouth, which can impede the healing process after implant surgery and increase the risk of implant failure.
Smoking and vaping can also increase the risk of developing gum disease, which is a leading cause of implant failure.
Additionally, tobacco products can stain and discolour the replacement teeth, affecting their appearance.
For these reasons, patients who have received All-on-4 dental implants are generally recommended to avoid smoking and vaping altogether.
If you smoke or vape, you must talk to your dentist about strategies to reduce your risk of implant failure and maintain good oral health.
This may include quitting smoking or vaping, reducing tobacco or vape product use, or taking additional steps to promote healing and prevent gum disease.
In general, it’s crucial to prioritize good oral hygiene and follow your dentist’s recommendations for caring for your implants to help ensure their long-term success and functionality.
Yes, wearing a mouthguard for sports or other physical activities is generally recommended if you have implant-retained dentures.
A properly fitted mouthguard provided by a professional dentist can help protect your dentures from damage or dislodgement during contact sports or other high-impact activities.
A mouthguard can also help prevent injury to your natural teeth and gums and reduce the risk of concussion or other head injuries.
Your nearest dentist can provide a custom-fitted mouthguard designed to fit over your implant-retained dentures, providing additional protection during sports and other physical activities.
It’s important to talk to your dentist about your specific needs and concerns and any particular sports or activities you participate in to ensure you receive the correct type of mouthguard.
Your implant dentist can also guide how to care for and maintain your mouthguard to ensure longevity and effectiveness.
Whether or not you need to remove your implant-retained dentures before bed will depend on your individual needs and preferences and your dentist’s recommendations.
In general, implant-retained dentures are designed to be worn continuously, including during sleep.
This can be especially beneficial for individuals who have difficulty tolerating traditional removable dentures or prefer the convenience of fixed, permanent dentures.
However, some individuals may prefer to remove their implant-retained dentures at night for comfort or to perform oral hygiene routines.
Your Brisbane or Gold Coast implant dentist can provide specific guidance on whether or not you should remove your dentures before bed, as well as any special care instructions you should follow if you do remove them.
It’s important to note that maintaining good oral hygiene habits, including regular brushing and flossing, is essential for the long-term success and functionality of your implant-retained dentures.
Your dentist can provide specific guidance on how to care for your dentures and recommendations for oral hygiene products and techniques that are safe and effective for use with implants.
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your All-on-4 dentures are essential for promoting good oral health and ensuring longevity and functionality.
Here are some general guidelines for cleaning All-on-4 dentures:
- Brush your dentures twice a day: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive denture cleaner to gently brush your dentures twice a day, just as you would with natural teeth. Avoid using toothpaste, as this can be too abrasive and cause damage to your dentures.
- Clean your dentures after meals: Rinse your dentures with water to remove any food particles or debris. Use a Waterpik or other oral irrigator to help remove stubborn debris.
- Soak your dentures daily: Soaking them in a denture cleaning solution can help remove bacteria and stains, as well as help maintain their shape and colour. Follow the instructions on the cleaning solution carefully, and be sure to rinse your dentures thoroughly after soaking.
- Avoid hot water: Hot water can cause your dentures to warp or lose shape, so it’s important to avoid using it when cleaning or soaking it.
- See your dentist regularly: Regular checkups can help identify any issues with your dentures early on before they become more serious problems. Your dentist can also provide specific guidance on caring for your All-on-4 dentures based on your needs and preferences.
In addition to these general guidelines, it’s essential to follow any specific care instructions provided by your dentist and any instructions provided with your dentures or denture cleaning products.
With proper care and maintenance, All-on-4 dentures can provide a comfortable and functional replacement for natural teeth for many years.
We accept all major health funds
Make an Enuiry
It's important to be aware that our Dental Gem services are predominantly offered at our Logan, Bray Park, and Wynnum dental clinics. By filling out this form, you're advancing towards giving your smile a distinctive touch.