Department Of Veterans’ Affairs
At Amazing Smiles, we proudly accept the Department Of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Dental program.
The Department of Veterans Affairs Dental is a service the Australian Government provides to eligible veterans, their dependents, and some civilians.
It aims to support the oral health needs of those who have served in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) or have specific health conditions related to their service.
Under the DVA Dental program, eligible individuals can receive various dental treatments, including preventive care, general dentistry, denture-related services, and more. The program covers various oral health needs to ensure veterans maintain good dental and overall well-being.
Amazing Smiles Dentistry understands the importance of providing accessible dental care to veterans and their families. Our experienced team is registered with DVA and has extensive knowledge of the DVA Dental program requirements.
We work closely with DVA to ensure seamless coordination of dental services and offer personalized treatment plans tailored to individual needs.
If you are an eligible DVA patient, we welcome you to visit our practice for your dental needs.
Our compassionate team will guide you through the process, help determine the coverage for your specific treatment, and provide the necessary dental care in a supportive and comfortable environment.
We are committed to delivering high-quality dental services to our veterans and value the opportunity to contribute to their oral health and overall well-being.
(DVA) Australian Government Dental Scheme
Steps involved when using DVA Dental
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) provides dental services to eligible veterans, including Gold Card holders, White Card holders with dental conditions related to their accepted disabilities, and certain dependents. Dental treatment covered by DVA is accessible for White Card Holders, specifically for their accepted dental condition or any complications from cancer treatment.
To obtain dental benefits through DVA, veterans must be registered with DVA and have an accepted dental condition. To utilize DVA dental benefits, follow these steps:
- Register with DVA: Ensure that you are registered with the Department of Veterans Affairs and have a DVA card, either Gold Card or White Card.
- Confirm eligibility: Check if your accepted condition qualifies for dental treatment under DVA. Dental services covered by DVA typically include preventive care, general dentistry, and denture-related treatments.
- Amazing Smiles dental clinics are approved with DVA: As approved partners, contact your nearest Amazing Smiles dental clinic. You can find a list of approved dentists on the DVA website or by contacting DVA directly. Otherwise, look for a dental practice or dentist close to you that is registered with DVA and participates in providing services to DVA patients.
- Book an appointment: Contact an Amazing Smiles dentist near you and inform us that you are a DVA patient. Schedule an appointment for a dental examination or the specific treatment required.
- Attend the appointment: On the day of your appointment, bring your DVA card and any necessary documentation related to your dental condition. It’s essential to let our team know before any treatment you want to utilize your DVA Card. Our dentist will assess your oral health, discuss treatment options, and provide essential dental care.
- Payment process: Amazing Smiles Dental will typically bill DVA directly for DVA-approved treatments, eliminating the need for out-of-pocket payments. However, confirming this with the dentist and front desk team is essential to avoid confusion.
Remember to keep your DVA card updated and notify DVA of any changes in your circumstances to ensure continued access to dental benefits.
What is covered with DVA Dental?
- Preventive Care: This includes routine check-ups, examinations, and professional teeth cleanings to maintain good oral health.
- General Dentistry: The DVA Dental program covers services such as fillings, extractions, and root canal treatments.
- Dentures: The program covers the provision and maintenance of dentures, including full and partial dentures. Includes denture re-lining every two years.
- Crowns and Bridges*: Dental crowns and bridges, which are used to restore and enhance the appearance and functionality of damaged teeth, can be claimed under the DVA Dental program.
- Oral Surgery: The program covers certain oral surgical procedures, such as surgical extractions and removal of impacted teeth.
- Periodontal Treatment: Treatment for gum diseases and conditions, including scaling and root planing, can be claimed under the DVA Dental program.
- Prosthodontic Services: This includes the provision of fixed and removable prosthodontic appliances, such as dental implants and implant-supported dentures.
It’s important to note that coverage and specific treatment options may vary based on individual circumstances and the discretion of the Department of Veterans Affairs. It’s recommended to consult with our dental team for detailed information about the services that can be claimed under the DVA Dental program.
*The DVA Dental program covers high-cost items up to the Annual Monetary Limit (AML) of $2,643.25 per calendar year. White Card holders are eligible for coverage of service-related conditions, such as Bruxism (teeth grinding), under the DVA Dental program.