Although tempting, it’s vital not to attempt to repair broken dentures at home. Unfortunately, fixing a fractured denture without the proper knowledge could cause further damage or create oral issues.
Materials purchased over the counter may irritate the mouth and gums or adequately secure the components onto your denture. Even with dental lab instruments, using standard ‘super’ glue may prove challenging to remove. Incorrectly fixing a denture at home may consequently require an entirely new denture.
Used daily, accidents with dentures are common.
Frequent incidences may include;
- Denture tooth breaking or detaching from the denture
- A complete snap of the denture
- Partial acrylic (gum lining) break
- Flexible partial or metal clasp breaking. The clasp of the denture is the component that attaches the denture to the adjoining teeth.
When breaking your denture, it’s essential to collect all damaged components and contact your dentist immediately. Dental professionals can appropriately repair dentures in a relatively short period. Therefore, increasing the problematic oral health or financial risks is unnecessary.
Upon initial construction, dentures are designed and sculpted to fit accordingly to the patient’s mouth and neighbouring teeth. Attempts to repair this without professional knowledge and experience may disrupt the alignment and fitting of your denture.
Let your dentist know if you have broken your denture immediately
Upon breaking your denture, collecting all components and describing what parts have broken when booking your appointment is critical. Doing so will help speed the turnaround time for your dentists to deliver your fixed denture.
What is a Denture Reline?
Denture Relining is the process of resurfacing the tissue/gum side of the denture with new material to fill and replace the space to allow the denture to re-fit correctly in your mouth. A dentist recommends denture relining depending upon the changes that may occur with the bone of your mouth.
Repairing your Denture
At Amazing Smiles, our dentures are both made and repaired in Australia. Having our dentures made and fixed locally allows hastened turnaround times for urgent denture repairs and more effective communication capabilities between supplies. Therefore, providing far better results for each patient.
Upon arrival, our dentists will examine your current denture and, if required, may perform an oral assessment to analyse what adjustments might be recommended to repair your denture appropriately.
For more information about Denture Repair, please get in touch with us at any of our Amazing Smiles Clinics located below:
- Dentist Gold Coast: 12 Nerang-Broadbeach Road. Nerang, Gold Coast QLD 4211. (view map)
- Dentist Logan: 45 Wembley Rd. Logan Central Qld 4114 (view map)
- Dentist Jimboomba: Shop 12 Jimboomba Convenience Centre 133-145 Brisbane Street Jimboomba. QLD 4280 (view map)
- Dentist Bray Park: Shop 14 Kensington Village Kensington Way, Bray Park, Brisbane QLD 4500 (view map)
- Dentist Wynnum: 122 Bay Tce, Wynnum QLD 4178 (view map)