With the lifting of dental restrictions from Level 2 down to Level 1 from the 8th of May, we’re proud to announce that Amazing Smiles dental clinics can perform all dental services.
Level 1 restrictions set forth by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) allows us to perform all dental treatments to patients. As a result, Amazing Smiles have integrated strict screening policies and hygiene protocols to help ensure the health and safety of staff and patients.
We want to assure that the safety of patients and staff are of top priority. Our goals are to help mitigate any spread of Covid throughout the community.
Prior to entry into treatment or upon initial phone enquiry, patients may be screened (questioned) to assist in determining any local risks.
- Hand sanitizer is provided upon entry along with standard dentistry P.P.E. for patients.
- Body temperature may be taken at front desk.
- Mouth wash to be provided prior to any dental procedure
- Procedures may be slightly altered to minimise aerosols
- Toys, watercoolor, and magazines have been removed from waiting area
- Please allow for additional waiting time as more extensive disinfection is performed between patients
I have a dental appointment booked, can I still go?
Yes, you can still attend your dental appointment just like any other time prior to Covid.
All of our clinics are still open standard hours but with strict safety measures and cleaning procedures. Amazing Smiles continue to service all dental needs, including general check-ups for preventative dentistry through to cosmetic dental needs.
Unfortunately if you are unwell, have come into known contact with a high risk area or someone that has tested positive, we politely ask for you to seek medical advice and to reschedule your appointment.
What to do upon arrival for your dental appointment?
To accommodate social distancing, we have spread our the seats in the waiting area. If possible please minimise the amount of people that come with you to the dental clinic. Therefore, only key representatives such as the Guardian/Parent (if required) should accompany the patient.
Please keep your distance from from the front desk team. If possible. Do not lean into or over the front reception desk.
You may also opt to wait in the car prior to your appointment. If you prefer to wait in your car, please call the clinic front desk immediately upon your arrival in the car park so that we can inform you of when you may enter the clinic for an immediate seating to your appointment.
- Gold Coast (07) 5596 3299
- Logan (07) 3208 2233
- Jimboomba (07) 5546 9877
- Wynnum (07) 3205 9869
- Bray Park (07) 3893 3833
Relatives or friends may be asked to wait outside or in car if required to help abide by the recommended social distancing protocols.
What are the screen guidelines for Epidemiological criteria?
- Traveled from overseas within the last two weeks
- Traveled interstate, particularly from a current Covid “Hotspot” within the last two week
- Been to a local cluster “Hotspot” as defined by the Queensland Government within the past two weeks
- Have been into close contact with anyone that fit within the criteria of the above dot points
- Currently waiting upon test results for Covid-19 infection
What are the screen guidelines for Clinical criteria?
Common symptoms of Covid-19
- sore throat
- experiencing respiratory issues such as difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- fatigue (tiredness), and
- loss of smell/taste
If you are currently experiencing any of the above symptoms we recommend you contact your nearest medical clinic or National Coronavirus Helpline 1800 020 080.
I have a dental emergency?
You’re more than welcome to visit your nearest Amazing Smiles clinic for dental emergency’s. Selected Amazing Smiles clinics are available after hours when our emergency dentists are available for appointment.
For after hours emergency dental care please call: 0411 389 826
Emergency cases may include:
- Painful tooth that needs root canal treatments
- An emergency teeth or tooth extraction
- Accidents/Trauma (broken teeth)
- Swilling or Ulcers
Tested Positive for Covid but need Emergency Dental
If you have tested Positive for Covid-19 and are in need of Emergency Dental, please contact your nearest Hospital.