Due to the recent growing Covid 19 cluster in Brisbane, The Premier has declared greater Brisbane a hotspot.
Over the three day lockdown period announced by the Queensland Government for Monday 29th March 5pm to Thursday 1st March, our clinics will remain open. Our clinics located in the Greater Brisbane region are restricted to Emergency/Essential appointments only in accordance to the ADA Dental Service Restrictions. Non-essential appointments are required to be rescheduled.
Our Gold Coast clinic is open and operating as normal.
For Greater Brisbane, dental treatments over the 3 day lockdown period are limited to:
- Limit dental treatment to those that do not generate aerosols. Such as:
- Dental examinations without the use of a triplex (air & water syringe).
- The use of hand instruments only for periodontal infection
- Analgesics or antimicrobials.
- Soft tissue pathology e.g. ulcers.
Dental emergencies and pain. This may include swelling, severe tooth ache leading to an extraction.
All patients will be screened prior to attendance at the practice.
Staff are required to follow all QLD Health pandemic response guidance on PPE.
Masks are MANDATORY outside the home in Greater Brisbane, including on public transport and in workplaces.
- If you have been in close contact with a positive case or hotspot location please reschedule appointment.
- If you have any signs of illness please also reschedule.
- Travelled from overseas within 14 days, please let our team know as rescheduling is required.
As an essential services provider all medical and health related businesses are able to remain open. Please contact us for any queries, rescheduling of appointments, and bookings outside of this 3 day period.
To help mitigate the spread and safety for our community, all patients will be triaged and screened. Extensive hygiene and sanitation protocols have also been implemented by staff within our clinics.
If you have shown any signs of illness, have tested positive, or have encountered a high risk environment please defer your non urgent appointment and seek medical advice. Patients that may have come into direct contact with a positive case must also reschedule non urgent treatments.
All schools in the greater Brisbane region will close from tomorrow (March 30th) and people in Greater Brisbane will only be able to leave their homes for essential reasons like grocery shopping, exercise, work and medical care.
Symptoms of Covid-19 may include:
- Sore throat
- Experiencing respiratory issues such as difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Fatigue (tiredness), and
- Loss of smell/taste
Greater Brisbane areas include: Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Moreton and Brisbane council areas.
- You will be allowed to leave your home for any purpose. The following gathering restrictions are in place to keep you and others safe:
- You must carry a mask at all times. Masks are mandatory in the council areas of Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Moreton and Brisbane.
- Masks must be worn in indoor places, unless you’re in a single room by yourself. These include shopping centres and supermarkets, gyms, places of worship, libraries, public transport, and taxis and rideshare vehicles.
- Masks must be worn in workplaces if social distancing isn’t possible and it’s safe to do so.
- You don’t need to wear a mask in private vehicles, while outdoors at a safe distance from other people or if you’re doing strenuous exercise.